The list of great things about this week is long:
- Susanne is feeling better, mentally and physically, and even fed her cows last night and this morning.
- The Houston Chronicle touted the first Women of Mystery book event, this Saturday from 2-4 at the Houston River Oaks Barnes ad Noble: http://blog.chron.com/bookish/2014/10/14316/.
- Publicity has started for the 10th Annual Signature Author Series at the Cooper School in The Woodlands, and guess who’s going to be there? http://www.woodlandsonline.com/npps/story.cfm?nppage=54030
- The launch party and reading for Eve’s Requiem from Spider Road Press was a big success, not the least of which was (from my perspective) because Susanne was well enough for me to go, and because despite being worn down to a nub of anxiety and not having even glanced at my story before I got there, I read it fine. Here’s proof:
- One of our favorites, the Brenham Book
- Nook, featured Going for Kona this week. We’ll be joining them October 30th for a Girls Night Out shopping festival, which will be fun!
- Refurbishment of our house will be done by the end of this week. It will be a very bitter sweet thing to put it on the market.
- We have unpacked all our boxes in the rent house!
- The builder broke ground on our Nowheresville house! And I picked out our appliances and cabinets, with input from Eric, but unfortunately we’re having to divide and conquer on quite a few things because we’re a little overwhelmed. Luckily, we think alike and trust each other.
- Clark Kent and his sweet, long-time, long-suffering girlfriend Allie visited this weekend.
- The cats have been integrated into our household. Petey is traumatized but has not attempted to remove their “squeakers,” yet.
- Eric and I survived the last month without killing each other, and this weekend we slowed down just a tad and discovered we even still liked each other.
I hope your week is off to a great start, too!
That’s all I’ve got.