I’m having a love affair.

And Eric approves.

No, it isn’t with Petey the one-eyed Boston Terrier, although I do <3 him. I am madly in love with my editor, Meghan Pinson.  However, between Meghan and three reports due for my day job, I am post-less today.  Well, I guess that wasn’t true.  I posted this confession.

This is Meghan. She is smart, confident, and funny. She lives in California, so this is a long-distance relationship.

Isn’t she adorable? She doesn’t look like a blood-thirsty word eater.

I <3 Meghan.

Now, I’m off to read the brutal and wonderful work she did on The Clark Kent Chronicles.

Ciao,

p.s. In between the time I wrote this and posted it, I finished going through her edits, and I still <3 her…maybe even more, because they were super helpful.  It’s more work for me, but good work. Yay!

19 Responses to The love affair.

1. Eric Hutchins via Facebook says:

First one “in the books”. I am so happy you are working with her. and excited about this year.

2. This time last year you were questioning that you were even a “real” writer – and now look at this! Validation of something all the rest of us already knew = you’ve always been a REAL writer. This is very exciting and we get to be a part of watching your journey.

3. Eric says:

Nan is so right. What I love most about Megan’s work so far is that she has been helpful to you without taking your voice. You have an incredible, flowing descriptive and unique way of telling a story.
    You are getting close now to setting some of your babies, free. It is an exciting time.

4. Welllll…I have a few more days of work on it, but it is dang close. Now, I have to bear down and get this next one to her today!

5. the support you two have and SHOW for each other is very inspiring.
    i can’t wait for this dream turned goal to come around. how can i pre-order a copy?
    -gene-

As soon as pre-orders are up, I’ll let you know. Since I’m releasing five books at once, it will be a few more months, because I have to go through the editing process on all of them, sequentially.

*I’m tired* 😉

Thanks, Gene!

Yay for good helpful edits and awesome editors :) So excited for you and all these books coming up! You work hard, lady!

7. Tracie says:

It is great to be so in love with your editor……especially after you read her edits! A precious gift.

8. You are one blessed lady! Congratulations on your book – AND your editor! I agree – you have a wonderful voice in your writing – always makes me want to sit, stay awhile and feel my world depressurize! You are living the dream! I’d love one in my stocking (an editor, that is:) LOL Merry Christmas!

9. Congratulations on the book! Kinda sounds like you’re buried in work though, which usually isn’t a great thing when Christmas is a week away. Good luck with it all!

10. Jessica says:

So glad that you love your editor, especially after her feedback :).

Yes, I have had editors I did not love before. To me, a great editor is someone who can make you sound like you, only better. :) Not someone who thinks they can write better than you and turn you into them. Thanks, Jessica!

11. […] have an editor!  Easy to Love But Hard to Raise is out!  I have 5 and possibly even 9 books coming out in […]

12. […] I had to find a new stash of funds. Well, meanwhile, I have several books under deadline with my taskmaster editor, so I have to tear myself away from the fun and beauty of the new bathroom, and off to workland I […]