Top 10 things to report:

1.  I have a big box of awesomeness at my feet: my copies of Easy to Love But Hard to Raise.  Get out there and order a few copies for your holiday-gift giving.  And for yourself.

2.  The Clark Kent Chronicles are with my editor.  How to Screw Up Your Kids is almost ready for her, too.  Next up: Couples Who Make You Want to Puke, followed by Hot Flashes and Half Ironmans, then the as-yet-untitled book of animal stories, tentatively Puppalicious Stories of Pets and Other Non-Humans.  I’m open to suggestions :)

3.  Petey is rockin a new camo hoodie.

4.  Our street is fixed (gasp).  Eric is preaching the Power of Pamelot to all who will listen.  More like the power of the Internet, but still funny.

No longer protruding 2 inches above the street. Yay!

5.  Eric did a fabulous job delivering a eulogy for his father.  I am very proud of him.  Spending time with his wonderful family is always special, even in the saddest of times.  Check out tributes to his father Gene Hutchins at www.eugene.hutchins.se.

6.  Our master bath is under reconstruction, and will hopefully be done by Christmas.  The impetus?  a) crossed hot and cold lines unfixable without tearing out the tub/shower/walls, that we have lived with for four years and b) rot/leaks.  Can’t wait for the result!  And a post is brewing on this topic.  Stay tuned.

Clark and Susanne's artwork in our newly poured concrete layer on the bathroom floor. That reads E+P 07- "infinity" (and was done by the super sweet boy-man-child).

7.  Clark is attempting to set a record for zeroes this grading period.  Just when he had done so well for three months!  Still no drivers’ license, but he’ll get it before January 1.

8.  I refuse to travel for work anymore until after January 15th, although visiting London was quite nice.  Click for more pictures.

9.    Susanne missed two swim meets due to illness.

10.  Liz got snowed in and her whole team missed their final swim meet before their one-week winter break.  We are going to see her swim in January!

That’s all I got.

<3 <3 <3

p.s. We are systematically undergoing some name changes on Road to Joy, in order to mask the kids’ identities a bit.  This is due to the upcoming publication of books which will include their stories.

19 Responses to Not-necessarily-the-newsworthy.

1. adena says:

I’m so sorry to hear about Eric’s father. How did I miss that? Sending you both love, lots of it. xoxoxoxxoxo

Thanks, Adena. He passed away the night before US Thanksgiving. And then I was off to London, until the funeral. So I haven’t written much on it, and Eric has been off the grid. Very sad. He was a great man.

2. Excited about all your books! You’ve been a busy writer. Wow. Congrats Pamela.

And glad your street got fixed. The power of Pamelot striked again! Go Gurl.

3. Eric says:

The power of Pamelot is an awesome thing.
    Pretty amazing how much stuff is going on. Petey looks great in that hoodie ( I cant believe I am saying that).
    Thanks for being the glue Pamela.

4. Eric Hutchins via Facebook says:

Your new nickname is ELMERS

5. Cindy says:

wow you’re really working on so many books? I can’t imagine how you can manage that. Are there in your day 24 hours, too?:) Your puppy looks adorable in their new hoodies;)

I’m working on them sequentially, so I don’t get confused. So I put draft one together of book one, move on to draft one of book two etc. And at one point in time the idea was that I seek an agent, so these kept piling up. But lately, I’ve decided that I’m not an agent kind of writer, so it’s time to bring each book to completion. On the other hand, I don’t want to publish just one of them. I will not publish any of them until I have five of them. So, the really crazy thing is….I’ve got FOUR MORE in the background, first drafts done :) But I’m holding off on them until I publish the first lot.

But yeah, it’s a lot and sometimes I get overwhelmed and have a meltdown crying jag and eat a lot of carbs. 😀

and thank re Petey, he rocks it!

6. Yep, I love Petey and his hoodie. He looks so awesome, handsome, mature. Posed just right for that picture. Cool, cool, cool on your books. Your power is bow-worthy. I bow to your fierceness. I bow to your awesomeness. You get things done. You are impressive. I can’t wait for Couples Who Make You Want to Puke! Will you still know us little people when you’re up there?

I’ll always know you Nan, but the rest of the riff raff, I dunno 😉 ha kidding.
      Thanks — I would not have taken on the bathroom remodel if I’d known about the London job and the death in the family. But, waddya gonna do. H2SUYK is due to editor Monday. She got TCKC back to me today. Yay!

7. Ann says:

Pamela, I am so bummed I didn’t know you were going to London. We used to live there and I have the absolutely best “Walk” that I share with all of my friends who visit. It is basically, a see almost everything in one day walking tour. Let me know if you go again and I will share with you.

Oh man, that is cool, I will. I was staying at the Sofitel, right on St. James Square. I swear, I was dead center of everything I wanted to walk to. I didn’t get to it all, but I sprinted around to a lot. It was exciting.

The camo and the bad eye make Pete look like a tough cookie. :)

9. Heidi M says:

You continue to amaze me, my friend!! What a year of accomplishments you and yours have had. Lots of good stuff there.
    btw, I’m with you on the record for the number of zeroes. Just when I think we’ve turned a corner…
    xo hm