Hi y’all.

Good news — next up on the docket is Eric’s PROTEINS blog for weight management and muscle gain.  Until then, enjoy:

My in-law’s 80th birthday party, at the lovely home of Eric’s older brother (it was awesome!):

Sue, Eric, Gene, Pamela

My pre-flight terrors on a plane with only 4 passengers bound for Farmington, NM from Denver:

I was glad to see there was a barf bag in the seat back pocket in front of me.

The amazing double rainbow storm vista from the back of my hotel and over the river, in Farmington:

I didn't manage to catch the lightning too, but what a beautiful sky.

The 6-teenagers and 2-bicycles road trip video, wherein the kids sing to earn Dairy Queen blizzards (yeah, it’s pretty bad):

The 6-teenagers and 2-bikes road trip. (click on the link to go to the short video)

The only news I have is no news: Conceding Grace is still under review by 2 agents, and I am holding off querying her anymore until I get some feedback.  I’ve been slammed with paying work this summer, and I have not written anything.  I hope to carve out writing time soon.  Eric and I just completed week 5 of our 20-week half ironman training program, and all we want is sleep sleep and more sleep!  I love getting stronger again, and the foot is holding up well.  We are two weeks away from a road trip with our 3 youngest kids to take Liz off to college, where she will swim for Adams State in Alamosa, CO.

It’s all good.

Ciao,

18 Responses to Not-a-lotta.

I laugh every time I see that picture of you.
    Man it has been a whirlwind this last month or so, the pace has been incredible including your work all at a time when we are starting to train for a 1/2. Perfect storm. But, it has been fun.

2. SuzRocks says:

Those planes ARE scary. And I know- b/c my husband flies those ones. That specific airline too. (Not many airlines fly into Farmington). Wouldn’t that have been funny if he were your pilot? They also fly into Alamosa, sometimes I will go on his overnights with him, and those flights to Alamosa from Denver are some of the scariest flights I’ve ever been on. I thought I might die.

Our daughter Michelle and I were on a flight from Denver to Alamosa (and back) last year. She is going to go to Adams State and it was here recruiting trip. It was a bit hairy of a flight but it was beautiful!

So all is well on the western front. No news is good news. It’s a good thing~

5. heyo!
    sorry that i have been away so long….sheesh…
    i will be flying on a smallish plane into nashville tomorrow….i will be on the look out for barf bags, too. i have a distinct memory from a childhood flight that the barf bags had places to write in scores from card games on them…odd…..
    anyway, glad to hear that the foot is still good, and i look forward to reading about my favourite macronutrient: PRO!
    be well,
    gene

What the heck? Is that daylight around the edges of that wall behind you in the plane? LOL. Looking forward to the protein post! :)

7. LOVE that pic of you on the plane. Also looking forward to the protein and weight management post. I’m hoping to take more control of my health now that I am employed and don’t have those worries. I’m kind of a uni-tasker, sadly.
    LOL

8. Susie says:

Great family picture. I know Gene and Sue were in hog heaven having all their boys and their wives visiting at the same time. That is a mother’s dream.

9. lbddiaries says:

Your not-a-lotta is more than most people’s lotta sumpthang! Love all the pix – beautiful home and people, beautiful freaked chick and beautiful sky! Can’t wait for Eric’s post, too!

Life is very good!