Eric's office desktop, where a bicycling picture of us reminds him of the good times, and only recently supplanted a giant Arizona Cardinals logo. I'm in!

It’s over.  #30positivedays are in the books, and I’m…sad.  (Don’t know what the heck I’m talking about?  Read these four posts for details of the #30positivedays challenge, participants, and my partnership with Nan of Little Black Dress Diaries:  (1) Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, (2)  If you don’t have something nice to say, then you’re probably not talking about my husband (3) What’s it gonna be?  Whatcha gonna see? (4) How’s the weather out there?)

For 30 days, I would sneak peeks at Facebook and Twitter all day, waiting for that moment when my husband Eric would post something wonderful about ME.  OK, I know the focus was supposed to be on the positive things I said about him, how they made him feel, and what they did for our relationship.

But I’m (almost) human.  And in a matter of days I became the blushing, ah shucks, “oh you go on” recipient of the most beautiful compliments, ever.  Never mind that he over-exaggerated most of them and is completely biased.  It turned out I was just as susceptible to the impact of praise and positivity as I predicted he would be.

I don’t want it to end!

Today, day 30, I have one last compliment for Eric, and it’s the one most fitting to reveal through my writing, through my blog, through my social media platform and to my “community” of like-minded writers, readers, athletes, and friends.

DAY 30 OF #30POSITIVEDAYS @TRIMON29/ERIC HUTCHINS has championed me, elevated me, cheered me on, and supported me through my darkest days of least self confidence.  He refuses to indulge the child in me that wants to hide and reminds me to turn my face to the light and shine.  His positivity and efforts draw people to these pages in incredible numbers.  Thank you, my husband, the president of the one-member Pamela Fagan Hutchins Fan Club.

Thanks to those of you who stuck with me for the ride, especially Nan.  Congratulations to the brave souls who tried it out with their loved ones, even one time. I hope you saw a flicker of the good stuff as a reward for your efforts.

I think besides our shiny eyes and newlywed behavior (we were asked by three strangers this month if we were newlyweds), the biggest gains for Eric and I over the last month came from learning we made a difference to those of you who contacted us privately.  And a few who tweeted it.  Nothing rocks more than a tweet like this:

@EJM3577: Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. Some of the best attitudes to follow #FF @trimon29 @PamelotH @Heart_Inspired

Or this one:

@FitMarriage: RT @FitnessWarden: @PamelotH @trimon29 ~ You are both setting a Great Example for couples!  I Thank You both for that! #FitMarriage/Awesome!

I just picked the ones from Thursday when I wrote this on a Friday.  There were many more, precipitated by our #30positivedays posts.

So, the challenge ends.  We rocked it.  No more inflicting our adoration for each other on the electronic world, but rest assured that we have morphed #30positivedays into #tilldeathdouspart.

Adios, friends —

p.s. The only disappointing re-discovery during this 30 days is that I lose followers in droves when I “go all positive,” but it won’t stop me.  It could just be that I don’t use the F word and complain enough.  Dunno.  But it doesn’t bother me at all that we are a couple who makes people want to puke:)

21 Responses to 30-friggin-fantabulous-days

1. Ya’ll didn’t lose me. You’re stuck with me. Oh I may have dry-heaved a time or two, but it didnt’t kill me. I actually enjoyed seeing all that syrup being poured over Twitter. It beats listening to people bad-mouth their mates. You helped even us old folks remember Romance. Awesome. Congratulations on your 30 days!

You too NAN!! You romantic sweetie you!

We had a tweet-up recently with some triathlete tweeps. What I found interesting — in an awesome way — about @triatholic, @donna_de, & @tejasrunnergirl, was that they all talked about purging negative people from their follow lists. One of them said she got a little too honest about it on twitter, a la “If I dumped you it’s b/c I’m sick of your negative crap in my stream” and she said people were FURIOUS at her. But…I have to agree w/her. If I want negativity, I can turn on the news and watch the networks battle each other for the coveted gutter spot.

Love ya, Terri.

(Damn, Eric, we couldn’t dislodge Terri!!! We’ll have to be gaggier next time ;-))

• LBDDiaries says:

Thanks T, but I’m older than you so watch it with that “old folks” crapola (smile)!

2. Congratulations on fantically positive month. You guys can make me puke any time……keep on being such a wonderful example. Congratulations also for completing the #30daysofbiking as well. Hope to see you again soon.

3. What the heck is fantically? I meant to say…..”Congratulations on a fantastically positive month”. Hahahahahaha

Once again Miss P, we rocked a 30 day challenge and learned so much from it. This one was harder to me than the Intimacy challenge because Alpha Hubby said that it just seemed like a thirty day variation on the same theme – “I love Nan” – how can I top that?

Can’t wait to see what we come up with next – I think we are good together at developing neat gaggy challenges and if we lose people then they were never “with” us in the first place (and don’t we feel sorry for them, because what does that say about their lives??)!

So to Eric and Pamela, please keep on gagging (and inspiring) us for the next 50 years!!

Thanks, Ms. N. Eric posted his day 30 for me just now, and it made me teary too. I hate that this over!

DAY 30 #30POSITIVEDAYS Pamela Fagan Hutchins believed in me when I did not believe in myself, liked me when I was not likeable, and cared for me when I didn’t care for myself. She gave me a chance to live a life full of love and meaning. She believes in me.

How can those kinds of words — those affirmations — not increase the love and intimacy between two people?

This was hard to do. To be original and meaningful every day, not just “I love you.” But now that we have hit our stride, I think I could do it every day.

I’m writing today but will get back to catching up with blogs in my reader before the end of the weekend, an d I’m looking forward to Just Dance!

• LBDDiaries says:

I had to sneak over here during my internet blackout (Hey, I had to pay an online bill) – and was going to read Eric The Husband’s post – but came here to tell you how much I enjoyed when Eric’s tweet came thru that day – I choked up, it was so powerful. Oh my gosh, Pamela, “she gave me a chance to live a life full of love” ??? Phew. We HAVE to do this again – some sort of intimacy-bond-creating thing – in a few months, OK? Be thinking…

5. Heidi M says:

I loved it… I found myself waiting to see what Eric would post about you, too. Love a great romance… especially when I’m living my own!

What I love about this concept is that it works with the kids, too!! I didn’t do it every day, but made an effort to TELL THEM the positive things that I love about them. What I got in return was increased willingness to please, obey, participate and help out. Good stuff all the way around. :)

When I do in-the-workplace coaching for executives, I always recommend they say thank you to motivate their employees. They stare at me like I’ve grown a second head. “The only thing my employees care about is money.” Um, sorry, no. Check any survey and compensation is what people complain about but it is not in the top 5 list of why they quit their job. Lack of appreciation and recognition both crack the top 5. Anyway, IT works. On spouses, on offspring, on co-workers…no matter what people SAY publicly, it works. Period. :)

You DID rock it!! I enjoyed it and I’m not going anywhere, either. You are both inspirational!

If I went on and on it would just be repeating things that Pamela already said better than I can. I am very grateful that my partner is someone who would WANT to do something like this.
    Thank you also to all of you for the really nice comments.

8. Rebecca Nolen says:

I’m glad to see the positive stuff. Keep doing it! See you Saturday.

9. Sandy says:

If you are losing followers because you are positive then you don’t want them following you anyway! I enjoyed watching you two exchange compliments. I guarantee you that if I still had TJ we would have been right there along with you for the whole 30 days.