1.  I have the cutest new apron, EVER.  Yes, that’s right, I said apron.  I’ve even worn it.  I haven’t cooked in it yet, but I posed for this silly picture in our kitchen while Eric cooked and that counts for something.  Get your “Apron with an Attitude” from the Wild Child Mama HERE.  Just call me Martha.

My wet hair and bad attitude are courtesy of a just-completed swim.

2.  Want to read about the ADHD wonder kid today?  Well, you can:  Everyone wants to fix him, and me, on the ADHD Mommas.

3.  It wasn’t a win, but it was respectable:  I finished in the top 20% with both Leaving Annalise and Going for Kona (virtually identical scores) in the RWA “Novels with strong romantic elements” category of the 2011 Golden Heart competition, a BIG national competition.  I was very pleased with my scores, and plan to slay the contest with Conceding Grace this year.  :)

4.  I got a big red R for Rejection from an awesome agent after her full manuscript review of Going for Kona.  Back to the drawing board.  Leaving Annalise is still out with two agents.

5.  I am planning two solid weeks writing in June.  I am hoping for two solid weeks of writing in May.  Good thoughts and prayers for my schedule gladly accepted.

6.  Despite ample provocation, I have not killed any of the offspring again this week.

7.  Eric and I survived simultaneous #30daysofbiking and #30positivedays (or we will have, by April 30th).  Actually, both rocked.

8.  There is no 8.  My work here is done.

Have a great day, y’all —

p.s.  GO READ THE CLARK CHRONICLES: EVERYONE WANTS TO FIX HIM, AND ME :)

23 Responses to Things you should know.

1. Sandy says:

Congrats on finishing well in the competition. Good luck with Leaving Annalise and fingers crossed that your schedule works out the way you have it planned. Oh, and I am glad I won’t have to visit you while jailed for murder :) Enjoy your day!

BTW….Love the apron!

2. That is indeed the cutest apron ever!

Keep plugging away on the agent search. It’ll happen … when you least expect it. Good luck!

I thought you were posing as a little Dutch girl for a minute there! Can you believe that there are only TWO days left of the Challenge after today? Isn’t it wild? I can’t believe the intimacy it created – just as much as our last contest. That is not something I would have suspected. Alpha Hubby asked me last night, “are you addicted to the internet?” So I am doing a month-long challenge to prove him wrong. I am setting up older posts for the month of May so I can write (#1 goal), do some studying (#1-a goal) and continue massive Spring cleaning (not so #1-b goal since I don’t really wanna do it but have to). Maybe if I get a cute apron, it will make the work go more smoothly??

If I am not a whimpering whining mess in the corner in a month, I’ll be back strong and asking you how your two weeks straight of writing were – you can do it – you did last time! You have great discipline in this area. Why yes you do, why are you arguing with me?

4. Cute apron indeed….and the model ain’t bad either. Just sayin..
    Kudos on your writing competitions and results. You are inspiring me toward moving from my endless short story attempts to a solid subject/focus for a longer, more involved project. I have narrowed my choices down to two. Now to just freaking choose one! Eenie-Meenie. I’ll get there. Anyway, you do inspire, my friend. Just wish I could muster up more of your energy.

5. rtcrita says:

Well, don’t you look all domestic and everything in that apron?! :) I love aprons, too.

Today, I went to visit your posts about your son, Clark, for the first time. I am going to go back and read more when I have time to sit and ponder. But the two that I did read made me do a lot of thinking. And I just want you to know that it’s easy to see how much you love your children and want to do what is best for them all. Kids can try you, for sure, so I’m glad to see #6 made it into your list!

Congrats on your writing win, and I’ll keep positive thoughts for you to write like no other during your weeks of self-disciplined writing!

Thanks, Rita. Yes, I love that impossible boy. I don’t write about the rest of the kids much, because they don’t like the exposure. He does :) So, somedays it probably seems like just Eric, Clark, and me (and Cowboy!), but … it’s actually an even bigger beautiful mess.

The picture is funny, and looks almost nothing like you.
    Great job on the writing competition, your grades where really amazing and it just another in a long list of indicators that you really can do this. Can’t wait till you have the time to dive back into grace.
    Go PamelotH

That’s my favorite apron that she had! I mean, they are all super cute, but something about the green and brown kinda grabbed my attention. Good pick!
    Congrats on the writing competitions – good job!
    Hey, it’s always a good week when the offspring come out alive :)

8. You are just too cute for words. (not just because of the apron, by the way. I mean your enthusiastic, optimistic take on life. and the apron.)

Hang in there with the writing/agent dance. I have been there/am there (not that this makes it easier for you).

I don’t have to tell you how loved you are and the right thing will come to you in the right time. (cliches I believe.)

Hugs to you and Happy Friday.

Here’s to successful weeks of writing in May and June (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease).

It does help, Julie, to know others are suffering with me :)
      Thank you for so many kind words in that comment I lost count.
      Here’s to writing — a lot, and well.

9. I just read “Everyone Wants to Fix Him…”

I know people mean well, but there are definitely those things you just don’t “fix.” I was shoved into learning disability classes when I was younger; they tried to fix my attention issues and dyslexia. They never did.

I was in learning disability classes when I taught myself how to juggle. While many things didn’t hold my interest, I fixated on juggling. I kept me calm and I started doing better in school when I juggled a lot. Eventually, the fixation jumped to writing, even though it’s something that never came easy to me.

I was on a road trip with a friend when I was in my early 20s. He talked about how they can now “fix” dyslexia. He didn’t understand why I didn’t want to be fixed. I was awkward when I was younger and picked on because I was different, but it’s all worked out well. I think, in part, because I was told there was something different with the way my mind worked, I felt more confident just being me.

I’m sure things will work out for Clark. He obviously has a great family that cares about him, and there comes that day when thinking a little differently from others becomes an asset.

Even the “NOW!” focus comes in handy now and then 😉

Ok I’m a little teary now, Christopher. Thanks more than I can say for sharing YOUR story. Some awesome differences are meant to be, including ways the brain works. It took me a long time to realize that, but I have become convinced of the amazing things that differently wired brains create, things the world would lose out on if all minds were the same.
      You are the best! I’m really grateful you took the time to comment.

OH! YOU WON THE APRON? You look adorable in it! Flip Flops and all!!

Ah, don’t let the writing rejection crap get to ya! The competitions are awesome though! Kudos to you!

Have a great weekend!

Shoot, I wish I’d won it. I needed a new apron, because I wipe my hands on whatever I’m wearing when I cook, so I shelled out for it. Totally worth it. I love it.

Thanks, you too!

11. SuzRocks says:

I really want one of those aprons, yet I really don’t cook much. I can think of other uses for it though, that my husband may like. Good luck on the agent finding- I can’t wait to read one of your books! Will you sign it for me?

12. JennyBean says:

1. I WANT of those aprons. Unfortunately, funds are compromised.

2. That’s not true. Everyone wants to fix Eric, especially after we learned of the frog fettish.

3. Yay!

4. Every great author experiences the big red R. You’ll soon have the scarlett A!

5. Thinking about that gives me writer’s block!

6. I’ve come within a hair’s breadth. Can I send Moose over?

7. Does this mean we’re done with the cotton candy posts?!

8. And that’s all I got to say about that.