1.  Yes, my hair always looks like this after I run.

2.  No, I wasn’t listening to Roberta Flack, but the Fugees (Wyclef w/ L.H. as special guest!). And my God, I’m singing flat.

3.  That is how we say hello if you’re from Texas.

4.  I promise not to do this to my readers again…at least not very often.

Have a rockin’ weekend, y’all —

p.s. Tell me the truth — I look like a beaver in the still of this video, don’t I?

27 Responses to In which I claim sanity thereby proving otherwise.

1. Ann Brennan says:

Pamela, it sucks that you live all the way in Texas and I live all the way in Maryland. You are just as crazy as I am. We would be great partners in crime.

I know. I think this a lot. You know what I want to do on my 44th birthday (February 8, 11 shopping days, PEOPLE)?
      I want to take a day off work.
      Get up, ride my pink bicycle to the gym.
      Swim a 2250 yd’er
      Bicycle 56 miles.
      And then run…a lousy 1.4 miles (which is my target by then). So lame, I want the 13.1.
      Then I can start my day.
      And year.
      And it will be so awesome I might even videotape w/the flip along the way.

Please, move to Texas, Ann Brennnan :) or at least come do my private half ironman w/o the real run with me.

HA

2. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by PamelaFaganHutchins and Eric Hutchins, PamelaFaganHutchins. PamelaFaganHutchins said: In which I claim sanity thereby proving otherwise. http://f.ast.ly/CPQer […]

3. Well that’s just not fair. You have your hair all ‘up there’ somewhere, you look flushed (delicately stated, no?) and you sang a snippet of a song I actually recognized. Yea, you’re HOT. Just sayin’….

There are no sweeter words as each year passes than someone recognizing YOU STILL GOT IT.

yes, flushed is a nice way of saying sweating like a pig. who would have ever accused you of delicacy, terri? i am impressed!!

I cannot tell you what a great sight this is to see. I know the injuries have been rough on you and frustrating. The light in your eyes is awesome. JUST TAKE IT SLOW. PLUUUUUUEEEESSSSEEEE. Take it slow.

5. Heidi Dorey says:

1. That’s a familiar tune. 😉 Were you singing the “right” words?
    2. For some reason, watching you in action, you remind me of Natalie Wood.
    (Don’t know if you like her or not, but it’s meant as a compliment.)
    3. Video blogs are great! You should treat us to those more often.
    4. The “Something about Mary” hair works on you.
    5. I am very happy you are feeling so good!

1. Is that was i singing or was i singing the right words? Whatever I sing IS the right words, Heidi (sheesh). Sometimes, other people are wrong about them, though.
      2. I loved Natalie Wood. Thanks!
      3. Ha! We’ll see.
      4. Yah mon
      5. Thank you, truly, thank you very much, it is so much better not to feel like poo.

6. Valine says:

I LOVE THIS! This video just endears you even more to me!

Love it love it love it :)

Glad to hear the hormones are sorting themselves out, now if we could just get your foot to play nice…

V xx

Love your Tex-ass drawl. But can you prove you were exercising or did you just dress up, throw water on your face (ala rice krispies tv commercial), put your hair up… then vblog?? Juuust kidding. I know you never joke about serious stuff. Right? Right???? You are one brave chickie and I am proud to call you my friend. More Vblogs please!! You vlog good!

I love that commercial! Funny. Well, I am on orders to run only adding 1/4 mile a week, so I ran only 1.25 miles which is so pitiful I guess it’s like the rice krispies commercial. But I did run it pretty fast for an out of shape old lady. I ran 6 min miles when 16 so to say an 8 min mile is fast feels odd, but it’s a lot of pressure on My foot and fat ass, so It os fast in relative terms and made my cheeks rosy :)

8. Heidi M says:

Yay for MOJO!!!! Good to see your smile… hope it’s a fabulous weekend and your dream bday comes to fruition. :)
    BTW– even if you were a tad flat, you were singing with gusto, indicative of your mojo. Nice going!

I think you have a new style trend going here. The ear phones are a definite must!

10. Pat says:

You go, girl! That’s what Texans do ~ :-) I so admire what you’re doing. My d-i-l competes in triathlons occasionally…always running and bike riding. Not me! :-) Of course, now I can use the age excuse but no one really buys it.

11. More PamelotH vlogs, please! LOVE it!
    p.s. I know you diiiiin’t say beaver, did you?

ROFLMAO
    p.s. love the Fugees!
    😉
    you are so cute!

1/4 mile a week running increases? Is THAT what I have to look forward to? does that mean I’ll run my half marathon sometime in 2013? (kidding, sort of) Sigh. You give me inspiration that it’s possible, though! Good for you!

I sent you an email explaining this horrific long term plan. For now, suffice to say I’ve got friends who recovered and ran half marathons 6 months after a P.F. diagnosis, so don’t despair. Maybe you’ll be on the fast-healing end of the spectrum. I will be doing a full Ironman including its full marathon in 2013. It will just take me from now until then to carefully build the mileage!!

13. Rebecca Nolen says:

Yay YOU!
    I want to know how to fix the planters fasciatis…

I don’t think that story is a creative writing type of exercise, but i’ll v-log on my P.F. “adventure” soon, and tell you what I did to heal it. And what I have “learned” from others. I hope it will be helpful.

This is so funny – SITS Weekend said “go visit the person ahead of you – and it was YOU!! Small world, huh??? Got to read the added comments since I was here. That “feel the gusto” reminds me of the newest Shrek where that irritating kid kept saying, “Hear the roar…” (which, of course, is a new saying of Alpha Hubby and me). Which, of course, I’m sure you have no idea what I’m talking about – but it doesn’t matter. Run and roar ’cause you’ve come a long way…. baby!!

15. Amanda says:

I agree with Eric. Just take it slow and breathe. Sometimes things can seem so overwhelming. Good luck, you are very inspirational!